Kate Iturralde, attorney and president of Donat & Donat, P.C.
Bio: Kate Iturralde is the president of Donat & Donat, P.C., a third-generation, family run, law firm focused on real estate transactions and litigation. Kate first started her career in Chicago representing commercial lenders and servicers in contested foreclosure litigation. After a decade of working for the banks, Kate took over Donat & Donat in Batavia, IL and now uses that experience to help clients facing foreclosure. Kate received her law degree from the University of Minnesota Law School. Kate is a proud badger and received her B.A. with distinction from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Born and raised in Batavia, Kate now lives in St. Charles with her husband and three children.
Some questions asked:
- In Easy Language… What is the Foreclosure Process in IL?
- When a Potential Client Visits You… How Do You Approach the Situation?
- What’s the #1 Thing People Ask When Coming into Your Office? **How Do I Save My Home?**
- When Facing Foreclosure… It is Important Clients Know Their Options… What Are the Options?
- How Do You Go About Coming Up w/ the Best Option?
- After Going Through the Options… What if Saving the House Isn’t the Best Financial Decision? What Now?
- When the Only Option Left is a Short Sale or a Foreclosure, Why as an Attorney Do You Believe a Short Sale is Best vs a Foreclosure?
- Top 4-Important Steps/Strategies to Deal w/a Bank Before the Default… (1) Open Your Mail and Answer Your Phone (2) Do Not Assume the Bank Will Fix a Mistake (3) If You Are Not the Borrower, Get a 3rd Party Authorization to Deal w/ the Bank (4) Ask to Escalate a Problem at the Lender if it is Not Being Fixed.